Sunday, May 1, 2011

Welcome to my First A Muse Blog Hop!

 You should have come here from Kari Bell http://karikards.blogspot.com/ If you didn't please go back, you don't want to miss it!
 This blog hop is all about celebrations, and I am celebrating several things here! First, Father's Day!! I was playing around with my A Muse Studio Grass die and I made a few rosettes. Then I decided to make a badge for Troy to wear on his special day. My husband is pretty indulgent, and he'll wear this if I give it to him! I can't wait to make more badges in totally girlie colors, which are my favorites.

Supplies: Brief Notes; Ticket Die, Grass Die, Onyx and Cherry Cardstock, Cherry Satin Ribbon, Memento Black Ink
 For this one, I started off with a piece of Lichen Polka Dot Paper, and stamped the leaves from AUtumn Blessings in Versamark and embossed with clear powder. Then I went over it with a sponge loaded with French Roast ink. I used the sweet banner die cut from a vintage dictionary to add interest to the edge, and stitched it all together on my sewing machine. The zig zag stitching on the top is a stamp from the Mad For Plaids set, and the sentiment if from Essential Sentiments. I added a bit of French Roach stitched grosgrain as a finishing touch.
This card is all about friendship. I used two of my favorite colors, Bubblegum and Shell pink, with a dash of rich French roast ink and ribbon. The soft Shell buttons with Sugar Pearl Sticker accents, and the Shell Satin ribbon are the finishing touches. 

Here I used A Very Merry Un-Birthday and Harlequin. This is my very first copic coloring, don't look too closely! I also used a Quickie Glue pin to add some Diamond Glitter, which comes in a gigantic jar! Jar full o' happiness, that's what it is.

Now it's off to the fabulous Nancy Baier http://nanstamps-amusestudio.blogspot.com/ Nancy is my upline and my friend, I know you'll love her stuff!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Carla, you have truly outdone yourself! I love your soft vintage style with amuse | studio. You've really inspired me as I know you will others. Beautiful ~ every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great projects! i just love the badge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made that badge. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously rockin' those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cards and awesome badge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on all of them!! I see you are #1209, I am 1211!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every single card and Troy will look awesome in his badge LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love all of these! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Very creative! You have some awesome cards and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the banner die + vintage paper! Clever girl! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great variety of cards and badge--I like your used of the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome badge! Great vintage paper.. all are super

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the DAD award and all of the cards. I especially like the harlequin stamp on the birthday card. Great job1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! You did such a great job on all the projects! Love how you distressed up the fathers day card. The girly card and the birthday card are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so many great cards! I love how you get so much dimension on one card. My favorite is the last one with the harlequin background and the birthday cake. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! I love the buttons on the pink card and the harlequin BG looks perfect with the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there...visited with you at Jeffco show, made the kite and I am looking forward to checking out the catalog. Became a follower and will visit often!
    Marcie
    http://marciespaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful work.. and love the start to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, when is my day to wear this and does it grant me any special authority?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to drop me a line!